Children’s Rights – National and International Contexts
Victoria University Wellington, Faculty of Law
20 August 2019
5.30 pm – 6.30 pm
It is 30 years since the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child was signed, setting out the civil, political, economic, social, health and cultural rights of the child.
Our panel of four international experts on children’s rights will share their reflections on the potential of the international children’s rights framework, followed by remarks from New Zealand’s Children’s Commissioner.
- Associate Professor Nessa Lynch, Faculty of Law, Victoria University of Wellington
- Justice Vui Clarence Nelson, United Nations Committee on the Rights of the Child, Justice of the Supreme Court of Samoa
- Professor Ursula Kilkelly, University College Cork, Ireland
- Professor Laura Lundy, Queen’s University Belfast, Northern Ireland
- Bruce Adamson, Children and Young People’s Commissioner, Scotland
- Judge Andrew Becroft, Children’s Commissioner
With the generous support of The Law Foundation and the Michael & Suzanne Borrin Foundation.